Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Twenty-One Days

Twenty-one days is not a very long time. In fact, it is a very short amount of time in which much needs to happen. Three pieces of the "much" that are on my mind at the moment? - best friend getting married, taxes, packing for a year. (How does one pack for a year with a couple of suitcases?? I will find out soon enough.)

I am currently in Massachusetts - had the smoothest travel day EVER on Thursday, a lovely visit with friend Liz who picked me up at the airport, delicious dinner (homemade chicken soup) with my grandmother, and a blessed, necessary time with "bffl" Kaeley which included laughter and tears, hugs, and lots of sharing of hearts. And to think I almost chose bed instead... :)

So 21 days is not a very long time... I have spent almost and entire year waiting and wishing for these days, and now that they are here, there are pieces of me that wish they would slow down a little bit. Isn't that how it always goes. But for me these last few weeks are going to be pretty hectic... Every once in a while, this thing called "stress" threatens to come at me, but then I think about how good God has been to me these last months and about "my kids" in the DR and all negativity fades away. I have been having dreams about when I arrive, but now it is really happening, and it is beginning to sink in... my "open-ended year" ...

The next week, however, is focused on Kaeley's wedding and marriage preparations and I am just so thankful that I am able to be here to support her and celebrate with her. :) As I wrote in her card today, we are each "leaving" each other in different ways - my moving out of the country, her getting married and beginning a new chapter of life - but I know that this friendship is one that will last. I love you, Kaeley!

Celebrated Kaeley's soon-to-be "bridehood" this evening with a bunch of the girls. We had a taste-full "bachelorette" gathering which involved decorating these delicious cupcakes. :D

2 comments:

  1. teste-full & tastey!! :D thanks for your blessings and your love --mrs mcneill ;)

    ReplyDelete