Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Littlest People make the Biggest Prayers

Since I being in Tennessee, I have been serving in the 2year-old Sunday school class during the first service. Last week was my last Sunday with them and I wrote a note to the parents letting them know why I wouldn't be showing up any more. Yesterday I received this message on Facebook from one of the mothers: (click "Read more")


I ran in Grant's room ... for a last kiss. I asked him if I could pray since he had prayed with Jason. He said, "pray for my teacher, Miss Jenna." We prayed for you and then when I finished, he sadly said, "I don't want my teacher to go to the Republic. I want her to stay in my nursery class." So sweet he wanted to pray for you and remembered on his own. Hope you are doing well and the Lord is getting you excited! I know there are so many unknowns, but keep looking towards Him and soaking up all He is teaching you!
 When I read it, I wanted to laugh and cry at once. I responded saying, "This melts, breaks, and rebuilds my heart all at once!! I SO cherish those prayers!" And it is true. How sweet that my little Grant (he calls me "Miss Chelsie" and I call him "Bob" ^_^ ) wanted to pray for me, how sad that I will be leaving, and how precious that I have one of the littlest in the Kingdom of God lifting my name to the Father! Jesus loved the little children and rebuked those who would hinder them - how much must the Father treasure their prayers! I am honored, more than I can say... and I cannot wait to pray for Grant and his family with my kids in the DR. :)

God is so much more, of everything, than I can imagine... it is so humbling that he would use me, and bless me!... Me, the girly girl and hater of most things creepy-crawly - I am going to the land of scorpions and tarantulas. Me, who was known as "the quiet one" and who has always been ok being behind the scenes - one of very, very few "gringos" in Jimani... I won't be blending in. Me, who took French through high school - Spanish-speaking country. And me, mother's heart to all ages - I get to have 50+ kids! Me, who is always cold when it is less than 70 degrees - I am moving to the Caribbean! Ah... there is so much more I could say!

Please continue to keep me in your prayers! Pray that the Lord would bless all travels to and from the DR (I am flying in the same day as a team) would go smoothly, safely, and on time. Pray that I would be able to transition into my new life without any major hiccups. :)

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. 
(Eph 3:20-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment