Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

"indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance"

How beautiful it is to be a part of the Lord's work all over the world! It is so encouraging to see updates of other ministries and know that I am bound in Spirit and Truth to the family of God across nations!

God has been doing a great work here in Jimani, Dominican Republic, in me personally and in our family as a whole. We are in a pruning time, transition, learning, growth, pain... all of the above, but I have such confidence that my Papa Dios is moving in profound ways. We have been seeing changes...
There are several of our teen boys especially who have been truly touched by the Lord and are opening their hearts to Him. Please pray fervently that they will choose to rise above expectations and the easy road. They will be powerful men of God to speak to their people and lead them to the Lord. God has spoken powerful promises over our kids and I am eagerly anticipating the fruit! It is such a blessing and a privilege to be a part of what He is doing!

God has been teaching me (all of us!) so much about who He is, and then who I am in Him. My faith has been growing and deepening as I renew my mind, change my beliefs, to be more and more aligned with the Truth.

My Father has been drawing me closer and closer into Himself. I am listening and trusting and believing more than I thought I could. He has been breaking down walls of doubt that I didn't even know existed and is patiently showing me how significant I am to Him and His plan for people. He is speaking to me, through me. I am learning to listen and trust that it really is His voice that I hear. I have been prophesied over (learning what prophesy is in truth - not just this idea of fortune-telling. "...the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation" 1Cor 14:3) and have been so open to receive what has been said and have seen the fruit. 

I have been learning even more the power of spoken words and have been practicing speaking truth over the lives of our children. God has been teaching me who they are in His eyes and the plans he has for them, (see my Promise Portraits below), and when we are able to see these truths, it is easier to look beyond behavior and view the kids with God's heart. This then, of course, alters the way I interact - increasing my patience, bringing sorrow rather than frustration (ha! though frustration certainly comes! But it is more directed toward the schemes and ways of the enemy rather than the child), reminding me of what they have been through, etc.  I have been learning even more about the POWER of God that resides within me. The same power that raised Christ from the dead (Eph 1)! ... this is a truth that has fascinated me for a while without really knowing how to live it, but I am believing and learning! I am learning how belief influences visible, tangible change in my faith walk. I am praying for Dreams, trusting and believing that the Lord wants to and will and does speak to me in the night (Psalm 16:7).

There is so much good. BUT there has been a lot of pain and frustration and sorrow here as well. There is terrific spiritual warfare going on in and around our campus. I know what it is to be completely physically, mentally, emotionally exhausted. The God of angel armies has set up a guard around us that several people have discerned and affirmed, but the enemy's attacks have been harsh. It is a season of growth and challenge and pruning for all of us.  I am learning the nitty-gritty of international "missionary life." Please continue to pray for the Lord's provision (in all categories) in this place. He is faithful, but I believe that prayer will expedite His work. :)

Take a few moments and soak in these truths and pray for my children:
Neighbor kids come to Nana and Poppo's porch every day. Last week, We started to have Bible story time with them. I read in Spanish and Caleb (one of our teen boys) translated into Creole. It was a precious time that ended with Caleb initiating praying for everyone. Trusting in the Lord's promise that His word will NOT return void, but that it will accomplish what he purposes in these children. 
~Mario~


~Anderson~
"Rename them “Oaks of Righteousness”
planted by God to display his glory.
They’ll rebuild the old ruins,
raise a new city out of the wreckage.
They’ll start over on the ruined cities,
take the rubble left behind and make it new."
Isaiah 61 (The Message)
 
He is holding the necklace that each of our kids were given that has a tree motif, a reminder that we are family and that God calls us Oaks of Righteousness. 

~Lones~
Let the TRUTH be what you see.

Let it be TRUTH that motivates our actions and our REactions.

Oh, and by the way, this "open-ended year" I kept talking about? ... I am pretty sure that it is going to be longer than 12 months... :)

 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;    you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;    indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;    in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me;    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;    my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,    or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life;    in your presence there is fullness of joy;    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  (Psalm 16:5-11 ESV)

3 comments:

  1. It is exciting to see how God is working in and through you Jenna. Praise His Name! Praying for you and know that God has even more for you as your journey with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you go to see what the Lord can do through you, it is amazing what He does in you.
    Gary Wood

    ReplyDelete