Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

I am Blessed and God is Good.

... that is just how I feel, and I wish there was a better way to say it, but I haven't found the words. I have been accused (and I admit to the tendency ;P ) of beating around the bush, or using many words to say what could be said more clearly in a simple, straightforward way, and so here I say it as simply and clearly as possible.

I am Blessed and God is Good.


This does not mean that life is perfect, that there is no conflict, no struggle, no pain - but I have confidence in who I am because I know Whose I am and that my Heavenly Father and Friend is absolutely trustworthy.

Since I moved to Tennessee to be with my family in this in between time of transition, it has been a struggle. There have been intense periods of loneliness. But it is these times which have led to a sweeter relationship with Jesus. He has been my best friend when I felt I had none, the big brother I never had and always wanted, the lover and caretaker of my soul when I was floundering in sorrow and confusion, and the strength and joy of my heart. As I grow closer to Him, I see more and more of His greatness and am more and more humbled that He would choose me to do anything for Him! But I stand before my Jesus so in love and desiring to show Him my devotion by doing what He desires of me. And I do it with joy.

As I prepare to relocate to the Dominican Republic I pray that I would be confident in God's equipping capabilities. I am beyond excited to see my kids again and to meet all the new
additions to the Chadasha family in Jimani, but I also know that this is not going to be easy. There will be days that I miss my family in MA and TN until it hurts, days when I will wish I could just have a hug from one of my dearest friends, maybe even days when I am so exhausted and out of patience that I am tempted to give up - but I must remember always Whose I am and that He will never give me more than I can handle with Him by my side... 

Meet some of the Family in Jimani, Dominican Republic! The number of kids has since DOUBLED and I cannot wait to meet them all! :D

Oh! And if you didn't know, I bought my ticket down to Santo Domingo this week! It is officially official. :) 


My new choir family at Woodland Park Baptist Church allowed me to share some of my journey with them and then prayed for me this week. It is such an encouragement to know that there is strong support behind me.

May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy (Colossians 1:11)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13)

Please pray that: 
  • the details will continue to work out in a timely fashion
  • travels will go smoothly and safely
  • God would provide just exactly what He knows I need in terms of finances and encouragement support
  • the Lord would reveal to me the "project" He has for me to do once I get there
  • peace for all the concerned friends and family I will say goodbye to for a time
  • my family would be able to join me for a short term trip sometime before too long
It would be such an encouragement to know that you have prayed for me. Would you let me know by leaving a comment?

Con amor y esperanza,
Jenna

*If you would like to know whenever I post a new entry, sign up for email notifications by submitting your email in the box above to the right. You will be sent a confirmation email with a link to click on before you will begin to receive updates.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna,

    Praying that God gives you peace for today. So excited to see what God has in store for you this year. I know God will provide for your every need as you have beautifully described in your post.

    “This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."” -Jeremiah 6:16

    Blessings, Jennie Williams

    ReplyDelete