Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I love you, Baby"

Meet Evlin (click on this link for a chuckle!) and Cloisi, part of the family at Chadasha in the DR.
These sisters, (6) and (8) respectively, live with their father but come to the Children's Home every day for a safe place and supervision. Before they were with us, they would wander the streets of Jimani with no particular purpose. They are 2 smart little girls who love hugs and to tell you they love you in English. Both were excited to be enrolled in school for the first time this year.

Click "Read more" below for pictures and specific prayer requests for these girls :)


Evlin has a big personality and a great sense of humor and laugh to go with it! In quieter moments, she would sit on my lap for a snuggle and we would sing "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus" in English and Spanish. She has been dealing with some intestinal issues. Please pray for this precious Daughter, that she would be healed physically and that she will grow into a passionate woman of God desiring to be used of Him.


Cloisi and I really bonded in a special way last year. She was one of the kids who really understood our language barrier and she always made a special effort to make sure I understood what she was trying to say, or what one of the younger kids might be telling me. On my birthday, she was the first one to run up and give me a hug and "Feliz cumpleanos!" when I came down from my room. :) Please pray that she would continue to grow in the Lord and know without a doubt that she is loved and cherished by the Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment